I made a batch of a lot of chickpeas and red kidney beans, which I package in 1 kg zip locks and freeze them.
I didn't have enough for either the red kidney beans or chickpeas separately, so decided to mix them together in a dish that went beyond my expectation.
Maybe the curry could handle another tablespoon of that Jamaican spice, or two...
I made steel-cut oatmeal and poured this on top, it fills me up for the day, which is good if you are practicing intermittent fasting.
- Pour a bit of vegetable broth on a pan heated to medium heat. Add Onions and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add garlic, bell peppers, ginger, habanero, and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes. stir occasionally.
- Add in the broccoli and cook for 10 minutes. stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced tomatoes, broth, spices and bring to boil then reduce to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and stir gently for five minutes.
- Top it off with Cilantro.
Because no oil is used, don't try to spend a lot of time cooking the onions.