I don't remember much about the US. I left the country when I was 6 years old.
I do remember that one time I had a dessert at a fancy restaurant that tasted out of this world. I asked my mom what that was and told me it must have been the Cheesecake Carrot Cake from the Cheesecake Factory.
Makes sense. My favourite cake is carrot cake, and it is this what got me into baking because no such pastry existed in my country (Georgia).
And cheesecake. oh... That is my downfall. If it weren't for fasting I'd be on a cheesecake diet.
- Leave ingredients outside to come to room temperature
- Beat together cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar until smooth.
- Add salt and flour.
- Beat in 3 eggs, but don't overmix it.
Carrot Cake Dough:
- Preheat oven to 177° C (350° F)
- In a large bowl combine oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Blend well.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt.
- Gradually combine the two mixes.
- Stir in drained pineapple, carrots, coconut and walnuts.
- Leave about a cup of carrot cake dough and spread the rest over the bottom of a greased 9" springform pan.
- Pour the cheesecake batter.
- Drop spoonful of carrot cake dough on top of the cake (from the cup you saved at step 6).
- Bake for 50-65 minutes
- Using a mixer, combine all the frosting ingredients until smooth.
- After the cake has cooled down, frost the cheesecake and refrigerate it at least 3-4 hours before eating (better if overnight).