- Start to heat water in a large enough pot for the cauliflower to fit.
- Preheat the oven to 205°C (400°F)
- While waiting for the water to boil, in a food processor or blender, combine all the sauce ingredients with a teaspoon of water and blend the sauce until smooth (you might need more water). Set aside.
- Once the water begins to boil place the cauliflower. Cover and blanch for 8 minutes.
- In a baking dish place the blanched cauliflower, stem side down. Take half of the sauce and rub it around. Add a centimetre of water and place it in the oven for 40 minutes or until tender.
- With the remaining sauce, stir in the parsley and black pepper to taste into the remaining sauce and add a teaspoon of water (more if necessary). Heat the remaining sauce in a small saucepan or microwave. When the cauliflower is ready, transfer it to a platter and top with the remaining sauce. Serve hot.
If I have leftover sauce I pour it under the cauliflower.
Also boiling in salted water will make the cauliflower taste better.
Inspired by How not to die cookbook