The secret ingredient to any dish is the broth.
There are plenty of options sold in stores but what is in them no one knows, and not to mention they are filtered out, discarding what is possibly the healthiest part, the boiled vegetables.
This recipe, which I saw the How Not to Die Cookbook is the healthiest vegetable broth recipe I have encountered. I modified it a bit by adding salt and fresh mushrooms. You can leave the salt out completely but a bit of it should help bring out the best flavour in these veggies.
- In a pot place the chopped onion, carrot, celery, garlic, mushroom, black pepper, salt.
- Fill it with water just until it covers all the veggies.
- Bring it to boil on high heat then reduce to simmer.
- In the last fifteen minutes of boiling add in the parsley.
To Make in advance:
- Let the broth cool down for an hour.
- Little by little blend all of the stock in a blender.
- Package them in a Ziplock freezer bags and store them in your freezer.
Try adding a bit of fresh thyme to this.
Inspired by the How not to die cookbook