I batch made a lot of chickpeas and red kidney beans, which I package 1 kg per zip lock and freeze them.
I didn't have enough for either the red kidney beans or chickpeas separately, so decided to mix them together in a dish the went beyond my expectation.
If you love spice, this is for you. Maybe the curry could handle another tablespoon of that Jamaican spice (I'll post a recipe for it in the future).
I made steel-cut oatmeal and poured this on top, it fills me up for the day, which is good if you are practicing intermittent fasting.
- Pour a bit of vegetable broth on a pan heated to medium heat. Add Onions and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add garlic, bell peppers, ginger, habanero, and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes. stir occasionally.
- Add in the broccoli and cook for 10 minutes. stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced tomatoes, broth, spices and bring to boil then reduce to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and stir gently for five minutes.
- Top it off with Cilantro.
Because no oil is used, don't try to spend a lot of time cooking the onions.